Ms. Shelley – CFO Consultant to For Profit Commercial Organization Grant Recipients
CFO Consultant Ms. Shelley is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and Certified Management Accountant (CMA) advising companies in accounting and financial related grant compliance matters. At ScienceDocs, she helps companies develop processes to ensure useful financial reporting and grant compliance.
- Consultation to setup or modify an existing accounting system
- Advise on general accounting processes and internal controls
- Advise on types of costs to ensure proper coding of expenses: Direct, indirect (F&A), fringe, unallowable
- Support and/or main point of contact for indirect and fringe benefit cost rate negotiations
- Consult on budget creation
- Ongoing support to track actual versus budget and maintain visibility on available balance of funds
- Process creation for grant compliance such as time certification, documentation to support drawdown of funds, etc.
- Assistance in preparing quarterly grant reporting or grant close-out reporting.
- Assistance in preparing for and navigating the annual financial audit, for applicable entities.
- Consultation for other financial matters, as needed.
- Coordination with a network of professionals for tax return preparation, 401k plan compliance, benefits management, etc.
In addition to consulting with ScienceDocs, Ms. Shelley has served as a CFO Consultant with startups and venture backed companies for seventeen years. She was the lead finance contact in three equity fundraising rounds and has worked with several biotech and software companies. Prior to that, she worked in public accounting for five years primarily as a financial management consultant with assistance to the audit teams periodically.
In addition to her CPA license and CMA certification, Ms. Shelley holds a B.S. in Accounting from the University of Kentucky. She is a member of the Institute of Management Accountants.
To work with CFO Consultant Ms. Shelley, please visit our quote page and request her in the description area.