Dr. Esther – Pre-award and Post-award Grant Manager
Dr. Esther is a grant manager and project director with eight years of experience in research administration and more than ten years of project management experience within academia. Dr. Esther provides full grant life cycle support from proposal and budget development to award closeout. As a well-respected research administrator at several top tier research institutions, Dr. Esther developed a particular specialty in managing the proposal process for large, collaborative center/multi-component grants. She also has extensive experience with federal and non-federal contracts, and has worked with funding agencies including the NIH, NSF, DoD, amfAR, American Heart Association, The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, The Parkinson’s Foundation, The Michael J. Fox Foundation, and many large industry partners. Dr. Esther has also managed large grant programs as a program director handling all programmatic, administrative, and financial aspects of a large research grant program including subrecipient monitoring, writing of progress reports, and training program staff.
- Identify funding opportunities in a pre-award grant manager capacity
- Budget development
- Proposal preparation according to sponsor guidelines
- Subcontract negotiation
- Contractual agreements
- Collecting, editing, and formatting non-technical proposal documents (Biosketches, Other Support, etc.)
- Uploading and reviewing documents to sponsor application systems
- Collecting and preparing documents for Just-In-Time (JIT) requests
- Collecting and preparing documents for progress reports
- Serving as liaison with collaborators and partner institutions for both the proposal process and throughout the award
- Financial management of awards in a post-award grant manager capacity
Grant Manager Dr. Esther holds a PhD in Educational Policy Studies. She began her career in higher education administration at the department level and moved into the field of research administration in 2013. She has held leadership positions at several large academic institutions and is passionate about providing training and professional development opportunities for other research administrators. The research teams she has supported have successfully been awarded hundreds of millions of dollars in grant and contract funding including large center grants, conference grants, instrument and construction grants, career development and training grants, and other awards including federal contracts and foundation awards.
To work with Grant Manger Dr. Esther, please visit our quote page and request her in the description area.