Ms. Kayani – Pre/Post-Sponsored Programs Grant Administrator
Grant Administrator Ms. Kayani is a veteran sponsored programs analyst with 8 years of experience in compliance & 15+ years of experience in pre & post grant management, specifically focused on academic research, state application, private foundations, and federal contracts. Versatile in grant management skills with advanced knowledge of financial reporting, effort tracking, review of contractual agreements, and other grant operational areas. At ScienceDocs, Ms. Kayani will assist you in the full spectrum of your grant cycle, from pre-award to grant closeout. Opportunities can range from complex federal (NIH, SAMHSA, IES, HRSA, CDC, NSF, DOD, PCORI), to private grants (JDRF, Brown Foundation, McNair Scholars, New York Life Foundation, American Suicide Prevention, Mike Hogg Foundation, Simmons Foundation) and state funding (CPIRT, TEA, TDCC).
Completing +2000 (federal, private, and state) application, piggy-backed by being an active member of professional societies such as the National Council of University Research Administrators (NCURA), Society of Clinical Research Associates (SOCRA), and Society of Research Administrators International (SRAI), Ms. Kayani is ready to assist you through your whole research journey.
- Will consult with faculty regarding funding opportunities, eligibility, and application requirements for sponsored funding.
- Comfortable with being the liaison between Institutional Development Offices and Faculty.
- Will work directly with faculty to initiate & prepare grant application budget, application tracking log, and prepare administrative sections, monitor proposal routing for required approvals, and will work with any Sponsored Programs Office to ensure submission by the sponsor deadline. An expert in ASSIST, eBRAP, proposalCENTRAL, Grant.gov/Workspace, EHB System, FastLane, and Cayuse for federal and non-federal grant application submissions.
- Collecting, editing, and formatting non-technical proposal documents (Biosketches, Other Support, etc.)
- Negotiates industry-sponsored contracts, including clinical trial agreements, sponsored research agreements, data-use agreements, and material transfer agreements.
- Monitors CITI compliance and other training requirements for application submission
- Strong command of modern technology (MS Office, Google Workspace, Zoom, etc.)
- Collecting and preparing documents for Just-In-Time (JIT) requests
- Performs all post-award activities as necessary (including account set up, monthly reconciliation expense reporting, grant close out)
- Facilitates the preparation of progress reports and budgets for quarterly/biannual/annual reporting purposes
- Can assist with facilitating and/all research-related agreements, including but not limited to Confidentiality Agreements, Material &Data Use Agreements, & Independent Contractor Agreements, Clinical Trial (Industry & Federal) Agreements
- Performs final close-out reports required by the sponsor.
Ms. Kayani has a B.S. in Communication Disorder with a minor in Finance and is currently working on her dual degree toward getting an EMBA with a focus on Global Health. She began her early career in banking and compliance for 8 years and transitioned to research administrator at UT where she learned and absorbed every aspect of working for a State Research Institution. After 10 years, she switched gears and moved to a private research institution where she served as a liaison for her faculty between development, legal, procurement, and sponsored program office. Her experience spans multiple funding opportunities, center grants, training, and career development awards and contracts.
Ms. Kayani is looking forward to working with you!
To work with Grant Administrator Ms. Kayani, please visit our quote page and request her in the description area.