Ms. Jenna– Grant Manager and Editor Consultant
Ms. Jenna a seasoned grant manager and proposal development specialist with almost a decade experience in academic research administration at top universities and private non-profit hospitals. At ScienceDocs, she works across all disciplines and works to manage projects during all phases of the grant life cycle (Pre and Post Award). Additionally, Ms. Jenna is an active member several professional societies such as the Grant Professionals Association (GPA), National Council of University Research Administrators (NCURA), Society of Clinical Research Associates (SOCRA), and Society of Research Administrators International (SRAI), which gives her a leg up on staying up to date on the latest guidance and regulations.
- Identifying funding opportunities
- Preparing proposals following sponsor guidelines
- Developing budgets and justifications
- Develop and maintain proposal records throughout the life of the grant
- Review of summary sheets and plan responses
- Prepare progress reports and ensure compliance with sponsor guidelines
- Grant Writing (NIH, DoD, NSF, STTR/SBIR, Industry, Non-Federal)
- Write nontechnical proposal sections
- Regulatory Preparation and Submissions (IACUC, IND and IRB preparation)
- Financial Management; including management of budget spending regarding sponsor guidelines, monitoring and reviewing allocation of research funds and ensuring appropriate use of funds
- Clinical trial patient consenting and recruitment
- Thoroughly Interpret local, state, and federal regulations regarding grant administration and management
- Thoroughly interpret guidelines, policies, procedures, and terms and conditions outlined in agreements
- Serve as a liaison between institutions and sponsoring agencies
- Reports on account balances and review expenditures
- Manage and provide oversight of all personnel and non-personnel expenses on a sponsored project
- Ensure compliance of all expenses and resolve accounting issues
- Monitor effort and salary allocations and complete time and effort certifications
- Provide training and direction related to Pre-Award
Ms. Jenna holds a B.A. in Social Relations and Policy with a specialization in Science, Technology, Environment and Public Policy from Michigan State University, and a M.S. in Management with a specialization in Research Administration. Additionally, she is a Certified Research Administrator awarded by the Research Administrators Certification Council (RACC). Ms. Jenna began her career in research administration by working as a pre award grant coordinator on a large multi-center clinical trial network. In her years’ experience, she has worked on and managed several sponsored projects, big and small, from agencies such as the DoD, DoE, NIH, NSF, Industry and several non-federal sponsors.
To work with Grant Manager Ms. Jenna, please visit our quote page and request her in the description area.