Dr. Slattery – Grant Manager, Editor and Writer
Dr. Slattery is a grant manager, editor, and proposal development specialist with nearly fifteen years of experience in academic research administration at Tier One universities. Since 2017, she has served on the IACUC Board at Baylor University as well. At ScienceDocs, Dr. Slattery regularly works as a grant writer, editor, as well as manager. She works across all disciplines, departments, and divisions on single PI, multi-PI, collaborative, multi-national, and center proposals.
- Identify funding opportunities
- Develop persuasive proposal strategies
- Generate proposal production schedules
- Set up online collaboration sites
- Supervise grant staff internally or across institutions
- Interpret local, state, and federal regulations and laws regarding grant administration
- Serve as a liaison between lead institutions, partner institutions, and grant agencies/foundations as a grant manager client-side
- Outline, draft, and write nontechnical proposal sections (data management plans, postdoc mentoring plans, facilities docs, letters of commitment, etc.)
- Edit and format proposals in toto while ensuring compliance with sponsor guidelines
- Collect, edit, and format ancillary documents (biosketches, Current and Pending Support forms, COAs, etc.)
- Prepare budgets
- Provide training for and deliver presentations on pre-award grant activities
While completing a Ph.D. in English, Dr. Slattery began her career in research administration working part-time with post-award closeouts then shifting to pre-award activities, serving as a research administrator, grant manager, and proposal development specialist, where she has assisted teams that have successfully won millions of dollars in grant funding, including multiple research center grants, research training and career development awards and contracts, conference grants, instrumentation/equipment grants, and SBIR/STTR awards from agencies as diverse as NSF, NIH, NASA, DoD, DoE, ED, NEH, NEA, EPA, and Shell, for example.
To work with ScienceDocs Academic and SBIR Grant Manager Dr. Slattery, please visit our quote page and request her in the description area.