Ms. Gaelle, MA, MBA –Pre and Post Award Grant Manager and Research Administrator
Ms. Gaelle has been a NIH specialist Grant Manager and Research Administrator since 2009. As a ScienceDocs Consultant, she provides various pre- and post-award services.
- Pre-award services as a Research Administrator:
- Develop and review grant proposals
- Set up budgets
- Verify research compliances (IACUC, IRB. Etc.) are in place, pending, or approved
- Prepare NIH post-submission material
- Prepare Just-in-Time (JIT) material
- Prepare Federal Carryforward request
- Communicate with sponsors on behalf of applicants
- Post-award services as a Research Administrator:
- Complete financial account reconciliation
- Perform financial account projections
- Assist PI in the preparation of annual and final progress reports
- Prepare No-Cost Extension (NCE)
- Set-up POs for subcontractors
- Review and approve purchases and invoices
- Set-up and review expenses for scientific travel based on sponsor’s policy
- Review financial account expenses against sponsor’s guidelines and resolve discrepancies
Experience: Ms. Gaelle has experience in federal grants such as NIH R01, U01, R21, STTR, R35, P30, T32, grants from industrial companies, and private foundations.
Ms. Gaelle obtained an MA in Higher Education and Administration and an MBA at Suffolk University. She first worked in academia for 8 years, where she managed a federally funded program that prepares undergraduate students for the rigor of research in graduate school and the responsibilities of pursuing doctoral studies. She worked for 3 years in a college entry preparation program, where she served as a multi-lingual advisor to future college students of all ages. Since 2017 she has progressively grown from financial assistant to senior research administrator.
To work with Research Administrator Ms. Gaelle, please visit our quote page and request her in the description area.