Dr Gupta: SBIR Grant Writer and Scientific Business Consultant
SBIR Grant Writer and Business Consultant Dr. Gupta is a cross-functional multidimensional professional with >12 yrs of scientific research and <5 yrs of business development experience. Having undertaken a successful entrepreneurial endeavor, he has had an outstanding performance record in establishing business, raising investments, providing strategic leadership, forging and managing alliances, and building revenue streams. He is highly skilled in writing SBIR/STTR proposals for the NIH and NSF, scientific publications, technical documents, patents, pitch decks, and regulatory/non-regulatory protocols and submissions. Apart from this he has cultivated a vast network in pharma/biotech, healthcare and academic corridors. His core competencies include, but not limited to:
- Areas of expertise: drug discovery, diagnostics, medical devices, microfluidics, bioengineering, oncology, precision medicine, nanotechnology, drug delivery
- Academic grants, SBIRs, STTRs – NIH, NSF, DOD, AHA
- Identification of appropriate opportunities and pursuit of letters of intent
- Identification of academic and industrial collaborators/partners for support
- Documentation: forms, budgets, subawards, facilities, CVs, animal use justification, support, company registrations, narrative, abstract, specific aims, research design etc.
- Business consultancy: market research, competitor research, marketing strategy, pricing, alliance management, project management, asset management, raising investment, intellectual property management, product launch strategy, pitch decks, sales strategy, due diligence, outsourcing, term sheets, master service agreements, licensing etc.
Dr. Gupta has been a co-founder, managing partner and CSO of a startup based on a platform technology for life sciences. He started this venture with help of seed investors, NSF I-Corps and a leading technology accelerator firm, and captured market interest in products and tools through front-led generation of proof-of-concept data centered on several patents and SBIR grants. He erected a multi-disciplinary team and stimulated progress through effective management to align with business goals. He penetrated academic and pharma/biotech/healthcare sectors by strategic business initiatives, core positioned products, cultivated revenue streams, and established commercial and research alliances. He is a result-oriented professional who has been consistently praised by his colleagues for effective communication, management and interpersonal skills. He has also served as a reviewer for SBIR grants for the NSF and NIH.
Dr. Gupta holds a PhD in Biomedical/Pharmaceutical Sciences from Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center. His dissertation focused on discovery and development of novel treatment strategies for respiratory disorders. He is author of more than two dozen peer-reviewed articles, scientific abstracts, has delivered lectures at several platforms and is a recipient of numerous awards. He has also served as an expert reviewer for several high-impact journals as well as scientific and management committees.
To work with SBIR Grant Writer and Scientific Business Consultant Dr. Gupta, please visit our quote page and request him in the description area.